'Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.'
Harry S. Truman
What are we reading and writing?
We read broadly and across disciplines, media and topics, always on the lookout for patterns in what writers are thinking and researching. What we learn from reading, influences our work and writing. We share here some of what we read and write in the hope that it may be useful to others. Click these links to see a collection of recent and archived publications. They are a mix of project resources. reports, commentaries, published papers and some acase stories.
What we are reading
- 'Quiet: the [power of introverts' by Susan Cain
- 'Drive: the surprising truth about what motivates us' by Daniel H Pink
- Inside Steve's Brain' by Leander Kahney (2008)
- 'Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen' by Christopher McDougall
- 'Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us)' by Tom Vanderbilt
- 'Adapt: why success always starts with failure" by Tim Harford
- 'Getting to Maybe: How the World Is Changed' by Frances Westley, Brenda Zimmerman and Michael Patton
What we are writing
- Transform (Issue 34 and all previous issues) - a regular 200 word communique for those active in promoting the well being of babies in New Zealand
- Pepi-Pod® safe sleep programme -2012 report (22 Feb, 2013) A report on the distribution and use of pepi-pod sleep spaces in regions unaffected by the earthquake
- Baby Essentials - report on a blitz approach to education for aligning health and community sectors with essential knowledge and action for preventing sudden infant death in New Zealand
- Using Pepi-pods - report on feedback from families who used protected sleeping spaces for babies following the Christchurch earthquake of 22nd Febraury 2011
- Report of a study of internet images of sleeping babies and their adherence to safe sleep recommendations
- Review of sudden infant death prevention in New Zealand over 25 years
- Just Imagine a booklet of eleven stories of becoming smokefree in pregnancy (Feedback from midwives on distributing the booklet)